Sunday, November 11, 2001

My head is throbbing, so I am trying to distract myself by blogging. Yesterday, I drove up to Springfield for my hair appointment (Its dark brown with medium brown hilights now, instead of medium with light!), and then decided to kill the time before the wedding at the mall. *I* bought a skirt. Me. I haven't bought a skirt since back when I did speech tournaments in high school.. I actually think the last time I bought one was my freshman year. So.. nearly 6 or 7 years later, I actually bought a skirt.

After shopping, I still had some time to kill, so I went over to Barnes & Noble. They did not have any Neil Gaiman books, which made me sad. I was just getting ready to leave, as I had to get to the wedding, when I started feeling REALLY sick. Knowing I wasnt gonna be able to go anywhere soon, I grabbed a Van Gogh book and found an empty chair. I ended up sitting around for quite a while, and by the time I left, it was 2:05. The wedding was at 2, and 20 minutes away. No wedding for me! Most everything was a blur while I drove the 45 minutes home, and when I got here, I promptly fell asleep. I woke up at about 8 feeling like that chick in Alien with the creature coming out of her stomach. My stomach hurt. My back hurt. My neck hurt. My throat hurt. I HURT. I took some medicine, and once I could see straight again, went in to lay down and watch TV. YES! We have TV now! Many many many channels, which means that my free time is now spent watching Animal Planet and Discovery Health channels. So, there I was, with insane stomach pains, watching a lovely show on marsupials. I must say, despite the fact that I could barely see straight, I died laughing at the mating rituals of the koala bear. The male makes this noise that sounds like a mixture between a burp and a chainsaw, while the female makes a screaming sound, with a gagging look on her face, and then she starts choking. Afterwards, they fight. Perhaps you have to see it, but it was damn funny.

So, this morning, the first morning I was allowed to sleep in until 9 in MANY weeks, I woke up at 7:15, still sick. I dont know if I'm going to work or not. I think I'll go lay back down now, but I wanted to reassure you guys that I'm not dead, even though I feel like it.

No comments: