Thursday, December 27, 2001

Oh, why yes, I forgot to tell you! I rather uncerimoniously quit Dixie today. Yay, me. I called first thing this morning, and left a message, asking them to get back to me ASAP, knowing that someone is usually in the office by 12. By 2 (I have to be at work at 3), nobody had called yet, so I called back. They said that yes, they had recieved my message, and had been planning on calling me soon. When I asked what we could work out, the answer was basically "Well, we know your dad is in the hospital and you need to spend time there with him, and you're obviously not feeling well, but we have 2 full shows tonight and don't really care about our employees,so you have to come in anyway, and then we'll discuss you maybe getting off early. But dont count on it or anything." I came home and practically collapsed on the couch, physically and emotionally drained. I tried to eat some cheese and crackers, since I've been weak and I know I need to get something in me. I began to ponder the idea of just not going in. Tomorrow is supposed to be my last day anyway, so what was I really losing? My middle sister came by and couldn't believe the were making me work. She agreed with me just staying home. Needing one last vote, I called Rich, and it was settled. Yet another reason why I am absolutly in love with this man. He puts up with me calling 59 times a day with whatever my moral dilema of the moment is, my nose completly stuffed up, and my "I dont feel good so I deal with it by being rather bitchy" personality coming out. And he loves me anyway. :)

And in case you are wondering, yes, you read that right, my dad is in the hospital. Right as I was falling asleep Christmas night, he started throwing up. Poor Daddy. By 5am, mom decided to call an ambulance, and I was woken up, to stare helplessly as he EMT's carried my father out of the house. There are no words for seeing such a strong figure in your life suddenly look so weak. Despite everything, everyone was very calm, mostly, I think, to keep all the kids from getting upset. One of the EMTs told me that when they asked dad if he hurt anywhere, he said "Yeah, my wallet!". Typical dad :)

I'm yet to make it to the hospital to see him. That was the majority of my plan tonight after deciding I wasnt going to work. Nap, then hospital. However, nap that was supposed to last from 4:30-5:30 lasted until almost 10. Hopefully I will make it tomorrow. You know, I think I mean that sentince in many ways.

No comments: