Thursday, August 15, 2002

Today was one of those days where nothing all that remarkable happens, but it’s a good day anyway. I got up for work after only 2 hours of sleep (really long late night phone calls will be the death of me, but that’s life!), drove up to Springfield with my delivery, and then hit Barnes & Noble. I could spend days there! My mission today was to find something on creative writing, because I used to fancy myself as quite a writer, but my muse seems to run away, and creativity that hasn’t been tapped into for a while is feeling rusty. Much to my joy, I found exactly what I needed, a book called The Pocket Muse, which has all sorts of suggestions for combating writer’s block and such, as well as ideas that make fantastic jumping off points for stories or poems. I am in love with it. I also found a book called “Life’s A Stitch” which is a collection of work by women authors that was done to raise money for various charities. So far, I’m in love with it too.

On the way home, I pulled onto the road that Emmett lives on, deciding at the spur of the moment that I wanted to pay him a visit. Luckily, he was right up by the gate and I didn’t have to walk a mile to find him! I stood with him and rubbed him and such for a while, and we generally enjoyed each other’s company. The only problem was that due to lots of rain recently, the mud in that area was deep. And since the horses hang out around the hay most of the day, well, you can imagine what gets mixed in with that mud. So, every time Em would lift a foot to kick at a fly or something, when he would set it down, the mud/ickyness would splash up on my legs. They were brown by the time I left, and my shoes (cute black platform sandals) were caked with an inch of mud. But you know what? Who cares, I got to spend time with my horse!! (I stuck the shoes in a garbage bag in the back of my car and drove home barefoot. I really ought to get around to cleaning them soon) I was glad to see that although I haven’t ridden him in well over two months, he was in perfect shape. I’ll never know what it is he does to maintain this, but it’s his gift. He’s lost his two front shoes and is definitely due for a trim and a worming though.

When I got home, I scooped Tallulah up in my arms and carried her into the house with me like the princess she is, only to find that mom had bought her two new toys today: a blue and green fish that you wind up, and its tail flops like a fish out of water (I see big, big problems if she’s ever in the house and one of my bettas jumps out of its bowl.) and the other is a stuffed mouse that makes realistic sounding mouse squeaks when you play with it. She’s in kitten heaven, she loves them both!

I came home and played online for a while, then did my bank run, by which time I was getting really, really sleepy (It was about 4pm, and remember I was running on 2 hours of sleep!). I had to be at the doctor’s to pick up at 4:30, which meant I needed to pick up their stuff from the hospital by 4:15. This gave me about 10 minutes of nap time. About 5 minutes into it, someone from work called asking if I wanted a run to Springfield. How sad, that it killed my nap, but I somehow fell back asleep and felt much more rested after just 5 minutes of sleep. Ahh, sleep!

When I got home from that, I fell asleep again until about 8. My job tonight is to find my car title since I have to pay my taxes and get licenses and everything tomorrow. Buh-bye, hard earned money! I made myself feel a little better by splurging for a yoga dvd and belly dancing workout video from Amazon. I’m gonna learn how to shake my bootie! ;)

No comments: