#1. They reorder your purchases to cause you to bounce more transactions.
For example, let's say I have $100 in my account.
On Monday, I buy something that costs $5, and something that costs $10.
On Tuesday, I buy something that costs $5, and something that costs $15.
On Weds, I buy something that costs $20, and something that costs $70.
If these go through in the right order, it would look something like this:
$ Paid Account balance
So oops, that last $70 thing puts me in the red, and I get charged an overdraft fee. Right? Not with SunTrust!
They leave things pending for days, and then reorder them from highest to lowest. So it will go like this:
$ Paid Account Balance
Delightful, huh? They've done this to me several times now, and I keep vowing to change banks, but keep putting it off. There was even a news story recently about banks doing this, and Sun Trust was listed as "organizing charges in whichever order they choose". Gotta love companies with "ethics"!
So Thanks to the above system, when I messed up and paid another bill after forgetting that I'd already paid my electric bill (it didn't post to my account for over a week), I should have gotten one overdraft fee on Thursday when the second bill went through. Nope, I got 5. The McFlurries ($2.37 each) that I bought on Monday and Tuesday (according to Sun Trust, those somehow come AFTER Thursday?) each cost me a $36 overdraft fee. There were a total of 5 of those fees. And then this week, ANOTHER $36 "extended overdraft" fee, because my account had been negative for several days. I only get paid once a week, of course it is going to stay negative until Thurs rolls around again!
So what was left of my check this week? $25.
If your account goes negative, they will deactivate your debit card.
Without telling you.
This leads to your sick, exhausted, tired self, who has not been able to buy food all week standing in line for half an hour at Wal-Mart at 10pm on a Thursday night, only to have your card declined, and no way to pay for your stuff.
This may make you cry, because damn, if there was ever a week when you needed that Cherry Garcia, this is it. You may go home and rant to your friendly next door Ashlee about the injustices of the world, and she will probably give you some cat food, so that your cats will not eat your nose while you sleep.
(This will not happen, though, because you will not sleep. Yay for being sick for like a month straight!)
3. Just in case the above is not enough fun, they will also occasionally send you NEW debit cards in the mail, without warning, because of "security issues." This means your card will not work. You will find this out by standing in line at Wal-Mart with a cart full of groceries again, because seriously, who has time to check their mail more often than once a week, if lucky?
So, I'm shopping for a new bank, friends! Any suggestions?
Friday, July 24, 2009
I've been on a tattoo search the past couple of years. I've finally narrowed down WHAT I want (a dragonfly on my right foot, a phoenix somewhere, and a design I dont really know how to describe on my lower back), but I'm still figuring out the details.
In my searches, I came across this tattoo:
How awesome is that? If you are not a Harry Potter fan, it is a reference to one of my favorite parts of the final book. LOVE it! It got me wondering what other cool HP tattoos people have. Here are a few I found:
And my favorite...
at 11:09 AM
Wednesday, July 01, 2009
As you might know, I already have a 101 in 1001 list that I've been working on for about a year and a half now. However, lately I've felt the need for a push in a new direction, so I've decided to create another list! I'm still going to keep up with the old one, this one will just be in addition to it!
Start Date- July 1, 2009Completion Date- Wednesday, March 28, 2012 (My mom's bday, kind of cool!)
For more info about 101 in 1001, see:http://www.dayzeroproject.com/
1. Try 100 new foods or drinks
2. Update my drivers license address
3. Buy hot sauce from Tijuana Flatts
4. Take 100 self- portraits
5. Open a new bank account (Sun Trust sucks!)
6. Do 10 scrapbook pages
7. Complete 10 of the old "26 Things" projects
8. Rewrite the "100 things about me" for my website
9. Collect photos of 100 Hidden Mickeys
10. Participate in NaNoWriMo again
11. Collect handwritten recipes from 20 friends to put together a book
12. Get a tattoo
13. Go to the main library branch downtown
14. Play The Sims 3
15. Make a list of 100 things that make me happy
16. Get a new cell phone
17. Take a month of Suhaila classes online
18. Take a dance class
19. Visit one of the Disney water parks
20. Go parasailing again (for free, yay! Thanks, Sammy Duvall!)
21. Eat at 3 Disney table service restaurants I haven't eaten at before
22. Get a debit card for my old bank account
23. Earn $100 online (surveys, mypoints, mturk, etc.) in one month
24. Complete a dewey decimal challenge (Read one book from each Dewey Century (000-999))
25. Try two new drinks at Starbucks
26. Wash my car and vacuum out the inside
27. See ten movies in the theater
28. Redesign my website
29. Get my desktop computer to FL so I can do things like #14 and #28
30. Give "Catch 22" another try.
31. Either do 100 sketches, or fill my current sketchbook
32. Purchase a new moleskine notebook
33. Finally put together a functional notebook for work, instead of just sticking a bunch of loose papers in my moleskine!
34. Catch up, or at least leave a comment to say hi to, at least 100 of my facebook or myspace friends, preferably people I have fallen out of touch with.
35. Treat myself to a silly simple pleasure, like a new lipstick or magazine, at least 5 times. (I suck at actually spending $ on myself!)
36. Open a savings account, even if there is hardly anything in it
37. Rearrange/organize/whatever my closet until I am actually pleased with it
38. Write morning pages every day for a week, at least 12 times
39. See all 3 Disney fireworks shows within a year
40. Go up in the "Characters in flight" balloon
41. Learn to drive a stick shift
42. Acquire a fun, floaty summer dress
43. Private! :)
44. Buy/get cd's from at least 5 local bands I enjoy
45. Do ten random acts of kindness (1/10)
46. Resubscribe to one of the magazines I used to read. It's like junk food for my brain!
47. Go to the beach at least 10 times
48. Update my resumee
49. Cook 10 meals that require actual recipes/effort
50. Experience 3 Disney attractions I've never done (there are quite a few!)
51. Ask my mom to help me put together a basic family tree (she is one of 18 kids, it's a big family, y'all!)
52. Get copies of some family photos I like, especially a couple of old ones of my dad
53. Have at least one month where I can pay rent on time with no worries at all
54. Acquire a denim skirt that actually looks good on me
55. Try a new product from Lush
56. Make my own soup
57. Make my own salsa
58. Do 3 things to the apartment that make it feel a little more like home
59. Go three straight months with no overdrafts on my bank account
60. Drink a Lapu Lapu at the Polynesian, preferably while hanging out in a hammock on the beach!
61. Visit the new Kidani Village at AKL, so I can once again say I have explored every Disney resort
62. Be able to do the splits again
63. Add this list to the dayzero master list and mission 101
64. Get up at 9am every day for a week to see how much I can accomplish with the extra time
65. Do 10 cool cast only disney activities/previews
66. Spend an entire day with no internet. (Doesn't count if I am out of town!)
67. Go to House of Blues
68. Re-watch all of Wonderfalls
69. Feels like I should use this # for something dirty. I've got the idea in my head, but I'll leave you wondering!
70. Reread The Alchemist
71. Reread Still Life with Woodpecker
72. Blog about 100 books, movies, albums, products or songs that I consume over the 1001 days
73. Make Orlando area bellydancer friends!!!
74. Go shopping with a friend and try on clothes they pick out for me, instead of the things I usually gravitate towards.
75. Cross off 10 of these items within one month
76. Make a list of 1000 places I would like to visit in my lifetime
77. Have three meaningful, honest conversations with people I care about
78. Totally clear out my AOL mailbox (it usually has 100-200 emails in it at any given time)
79. Spend time at the pool at least 10 times80. Find out if I can still ride a bike
81. Visit three museums
82. Take a seriously girly bubble bath
83. Relax in a hot tub
84. Eat zebra domes at DAK Lodge
85. Curl up at Wilderness Lodge with my favorite brownies and milk
86. Get my cell phone turned back on! (Holy crap, a lot of $ to come up with!)
87. Buy some sort of lottery ticket, either the drawing or scratch-off.
88. Do ten things that scare me89. Choreograph something, anything!
90-99. Leaving 10 spots open for future additions. It seems like just after I posted my last list, I came up with a ton of new ideas!
100. Go for a walk in the woods
101. Create a Flickr set for photos of my 101 adventures, and upload at least 101 photos to it
So far, I like it! The funny thing is that if you count all of the things where I do something 10 or 100, or other multiple times, there are actually something like 864 things on this list!
I really hope to do the one about crossing 10 items in a month in this first month!
(I'm currently about halfway through the 1001 days of my old list, and have completed 32 and a couple of halves!)
Suggestions, comments, ideas, and whatever else welcome!
at 2:03 AM