1. I've been super sick the past few days, to the point that I totally slept through St. Patrick's Day! How NOT festive! I'll just have to make up for it with extra Easter awesomeness!
2. YOU GUYS, we actually have public transportation in Orlando now! I mean sure, we've had the Lynx buses forever, but I don't really know many people who actually use them. So excited for the Sunrail, especially once they add some expansions to the routes! (awesome gif via Local Shine)
3. I think I'm going to give up trying to sell things on the local Facebook yard sale group. (I wrote about that last Tues). I had one person totally stand me up this week (she never sent an apology, either). Super annoying when people don't show respect for my time! So I messaged the other person I was supposed to meet a few days later, something along the lines of "Hey, just wanted to confirm we're meeting at 2 today!" Her response? "I think I'm going to pass." WTF, lady? It was especially frustrating because I'd planned out the timeline of my whole afternoon around the time I'd agreed to meet her, so that threw me off. But seriously, if you change your mind about wanting something, have the common courtesy to let me know MORE than half an hour before we're supposed to meet! Arrgh!
So, yeah. I think I'm just going to hold off until there's nice enough weather to have a good old fashioned yard sale. Dealing with these people is just too much frustration!
4. My kitten Tennyson kept watch over me the whole time I was sick. It was basically the cutest thing ever. I could have probably done without the time when he tried to stick his head in the toilet when I was in the middle of throwing up (ewwww), but it was a nice show of solidarity.
5. I'm currently super annoyed by the fact that car rental agencies require you to either have a credit card or do a giant deposit if you pay via debit card. Is there any way around this? It would make my upcoming travel plans SO much easier!
6. I have a bit of a conundrum! There's this stripey pink dress that I really want to work on, but I can't find my "before" photo of it anywhere. (Most of my thrift store makeover pics live on their own memory card, to make life easier!) It's no fun to show you guys the "after" if I don't have a "before" for comparison, so I figured I'd just reshoot it tomorrow. (I still look too gross from being sick to even think about doing photos today!) However, my Canon is totally falling apart. I need to send it in to get fixed, since I've only had it like 6 months, so I'm pretty sure it's still under warranty. Taking full-lenth selfies on my phone is pretty much impossible, so I'm left with either digging out my decade old Nikon or borrowing my mom's camera. Or, I guess I could just hang it up and take a photo of the dress without me in it? Blogging is complicated! ;)
7. Speaking of dresses, I am in love with the one I'm currently working on! It was originally going to be a super simple refashion where I chopped off a bit of length and adjusted the fit, but I ended up changing some things around that made it a) 100% more awesome and b) 100% more complicated. I'm excited to share it once I finish sewing, though!
8. This is my current goal, and motivation to keep up with my yoga practice. I can get the top leg up to about a 120-ish degree angle, but I'm nowhere near being able to do 180 degrees like the photo. Just keep stretching!
9. Even though I was only out of commission for about a day and a half while sick, I feel like I'm miles behind on *everything*! Stop coming in, email! I need to catch up on you!