I participated in an Influencer Activation Program on behalf of Influence Central for Dove Advanced Care Deodorant. I received a promotional item to facilitate my review.
Here's the full line of up 8 available scents:
- Nourished Beauty - A floral powdery fragrance with notes of jasmine and rose
- Cool Essentials - A delightful blend of cucumber and green tea (I really want to try this one!)
- Beauty Finish - A sparkling, sophisticated scent with notes of watery florals, sandalwood and amber musk
- Revive - A fragrance of pomegranate and lemon verbena
- Rebalance - A scent of plum and sakura blossom
- Shea Butter - A floral, powdery fragrance with notes of shea butter, rose, vanilla and lily of the valley
- Sensitive - An unscented, hypo-allergenic formula (As someone who sneezes at almost anything scented, I have to say I was excited to see this one!)
- Caring Coconut - A light coconut scent with jasmine floral notes
I received the Sensitive, Revive and Rebalance scents. I figured that the Sensitive formula would be my jam since I need unscented, but I was sad to discover that it still has some kind of scent to it, so my quest for the perfect unscented deodorant continues. I'm guessing that by "unscented" they mean that there's no added fragrance, but there still seems to be some kind of ingredient in there that smells a bit flowery and made my nose stuff up. Total bummer, but at least it gets great reviews from those with sensitive skin who usually get rashes from deodorant! (Just a note - I occasionally get lucky and find scented deodorants or other personal care products that I can use with no problem. It seems like I get lucky with certain ingredients, but no luck with others!)
I passed the Revive deodorant on to my mother, who had just commented that she needed a new one on the same day that my samples showed up on my doorstep. We compared deodorant notes the next day, and both agreed that they were moisturizing and great at keeping us dry and the skin soft!
Dove is challenging women across the U.S. to ditch their sleeves for a chance to win a trip to New York City Fashion week and a VIP styling session with A-List Hollywood stylist, Erin Walsh. You can go to http://bit.ly/1r0bu6Q to participate in The Sleeveless Summer Challenge.
A few summer style tips from stylist Erin Walsh, whose clients include Kerry Washington and SJP:
•I think it is fun to experiment with sunglasses during the summer season. Sunglasses look good on anyone, and there are so many styles so you can buy them to match your personality.
• When headed to the beach, I think it is fun to pair lots of jewelry with swimwear. Some people think it can get a bit hot, but I think it’s very chic!
• It’s definitely better to wear loose clothing in the summer. In addition, fabrics like silk, cotton, and linen are key for this season. It’s also important to think about undergarments, too. You don’t want to be wearing a lot of layers when it’s super-hot outside!
I'm all set to rock the sleeveless fashion for the rest of the summer! Are you?