Tuesday, November 18, 2014
10 Things on Tuesday - Volume 25
1. Have been falling back in love with Veronica Varlow's Danger Diary lately. It fits my current mood exactly, and her tales of traveling to follow her dream are stirring up my need for exploration, adventure, and giant false lashes.
2. Are you a little behind in keeping up with everything that's been going down in Ferguson? Matt Pearce of the LA Times (You may recall him from my post back in August about who to follow on Twitter for Ferguson info) has put together a great collection of articles you can read through as a sort of Ferguson 101. I've been wanting to compile something like that, so I appreciate that he has unknowingly enabled me to be lazy.
Warning though, Matt is kind of the cutest, so don't get all sucked into reading his stuff or you will melt into a pool of unrequited crushyness.
(Photo by also adorable Ryan of HuffPost.)
Check out his Tumblr too, though, because it is pretty great.
3. I recently read something by Danielle LaPorte about the need to destroy before you create, and it keeps tumbling about in my head. Winter just seems like that season for letting go before you can move on to a renaissance.
4. So, I have a new favorite Instagram account to follow:
Baddie Winkle is 86 and I might be in love with her.
5. My mom is expected to be able to move back home from the nursing home in about a week! EXCITE! Which means that I get to spend the next week cleaning her house and making it extra comfy. Less excite.
6. This sums up how I'm handling freezing weather so far:
Awesome wolf hat aside, there's something about this cold that's making me especially sensual. Not sensual in the sexytimes way (I mean, that's all the time), but in terms of wanting to end the day by slipping into silky sheets, to wrap myself in the softest vintage lace slips before getting dressed in multiple layers, and generally gravitating towards anything warm, soft, comforting.
7. I requested that the comfy chair I usually write from when I actually go into the office be converted to a blanket fort, but I don't think this has happened yet.
8. I cheated on my beloved gingerbread latte tonight by ordering the new chestnut praline flavor. It's awesome. Also today? Somehow did NOT buy anything in the big 40% off clothes sale at Target. Got pulled over for speeding for the first time in a bunch of years, and luckily got off with a warning. WHEW.
10. I've posted this before, but this song by Cotton Wine is perfect for listening to the car while driving on a cold, grey day.