1. First things first, my mom got to move hoooooome from the nursing home on Thanksgiving Thursday! She went into the hospital back in the 2nd week of September, was there for about a week, and has been at the nursing home ever since. I've been checking in on her pretty frequently, and am SO HAPPY that I no longer have that 90 minute round trip drive every time I want to see her!
2. I'm in the middle of SO MANY draft posts! I have a whole post coming up of awesome things I bought during Black Friday/Cyber Monday/other random awesome sales lately. (I'm so broke now.) There's another in the works about what I want from 2015, and another that will show you awesome ways to alter a t-shirt without spending any dollars. Um, and about 70 more. I need to finish some!
3. Am I the only one who doesn't have my tree up yet? I think I'm going to put it up this weekend, but judging by blogs, y'all are weeks ahead of me!
4. You know, I can't believe I haven't learned my lesson about this kind of thing yet, but several weeks ago Chewy.com sent me a free bag of Zuke's Natural Cat Treats. Right after opening the envelope they came in, I snapped a couple of pics so I could tell you guys about them...
...and then I tossed the bag on the kitchen table to get back to later. Got distracted for about 20 minutes doing something else (laundry, I think?), and when I came back, the bag looked like this:
Yup. Another bag shredded by my determined little furry weirdos. I need some kind of cat treat vault! The cats loved these (obviously), even after they got a little dried out because it didn't occur to me to transfer them to a non-holy bag. Love that they're made in the USA with USA sourced meats, and don't have any artificial colors or flavors. My cats clearly find them irresistible, and wish they came in an easier to break into bag!
5. Do any of y'all have suggestions for red lipsticks for people who have lips that magically seem to turn every red lipstick pink? I was wearing a red and black sweater today and seriously wanted a good red lip to go with it today, but as always, everything goes pink once it touches my lips. I'm like King Midas, but not.
6. I'm already counting down to when I get my next Stitch Fix in January. I'm *really* hoping this one is better! (My November Stitch Fix review is here, if you missed it.) If you're a subscriber, do you have any tips for getting items that better match my style? I thought I did everything right last time, but maybe I missed something?
7. My birthday is Thursday! Woohoo! I don't think I'm doing anything special to celebrate this year - things have been too crazy lately. Maybe I'll have a delayed celebration next month? Feel free to send me lots of coffee.
8. Y'all know that I don't post affiliate links very often, but this one is way too freaking cool not to share. There's a healthy food and products site called Abe's Market, and they have a "Try It" section where they post new products each day that you can try for $2, including free shipping! It's mostly food, but I've also seen eco-friendly laundry detergent, several beauty products, and so on. New products are posted at 11 a.m. EST each day, and I've been kind of obsessed with seeing what's new!