1. A few blogs that I've stumbled upon lately that I've really been enjoying: Unlocking Kiki (American living in Iceland!), Life According to Steph (who is hilarious), and Avoiding Atrophy.
2. This post at Life Less Bullshit about closing your escape hatch was something I totally needed to read this week!
3. My beloved heteroilfemate Katie and I are starting a list of things we must do to celebrate once I'm back living in Orlando. The first thing on this list is to sneak some whipped vodka into Universal, spike some frozen Butterbeer, and sit around the Hog's Head writing bad Harry Potter poetry on bar napkins.
We know how to party.
4. 42 Moments That Prove Just How Crazy Florida Is - My favorite is obviously "Florida Man Arrested For Calling 911 After His Cat Was Denied Entry Into Strip Club".
5. Another story out of Florida, but this one is less quirky, more creepy. This interview on Jezebel is the first I've read about the Dozier school, but now I want to research more. It was a school that operated from 1900 - 2012, where a lot of kids were horribly abused and used for child labor, and now over 55 bodies have been found buried there, mostly in unmarked graves. And yes, you read that right - it wasn't closed until a few years ago. (This article from the Tampa Bay Times has more in depth info, if you get sucked in like I did. Just a warning - the more you read, the more haunting it is. There's a photo of a storage closet at the university that studied the recovered remains, and at first glance it just looks like a bunch of cardboard boxes on shelves, but then you remember that each one contains what's left of a child. It's nuts.)
One super crazy quote from the Jezebel interview: "In fact, t
7. I had the really stupid idea this weekend to dig out all of my beauty products, toss what I no longer needed, and reorganize. Do I even need to tell you that at least half of this stuff is still sitting in the middle of my living room floor 2 days later? I'll finish eventually.
8. Spotted this shirt in the Walmart clearance section for $3. Did not buy it. I fear that I will regret this decision forever.
9. Ever since my mom moved back home from the nursing home, she's had a housekeeper come over a few times a week to help her out. I was there yesterday when the lady was there cleaning up, and Mom referred to her as "Natalie". She corrected mom that it was "Natalia."
Mom turns to me and says "Oh! That's like that stuff you like!"
*pause as I figure this out*
So from now on, mom's housekeeper shall be known as Nutella.
The Frog in the Well Alvin Tresselt ~ Roger Duvoisin ~ Lothrop, Lee and Shepard, 1958
10. This just makes me happy.