1. This week so far has been absolutely NUTS as I try to fit an entire week's worth of work into 3 days. But at least it will be worth it, because...
2. GIRLS WEEKEND! I'm heading over to Oklahoma to hang out with 3 awesome women that I've known for 20 freaking years. I haven't seen one of them since high school (!!!), so I'm pretty excited for a weekend of shenanigans!
3. You know how sometimes you need a little treat to perk up your day? I picked up one of those face masks you always see in the beauty section for like $1.50 because I was in the mood for some cheap pampering. It didn't go well.
As I was opening the package, I noticed that I'd missed where it said "for men", but screw gender based product marketing, what's the difference?
I couldn't shake the feeling that I was applying toothpaste to my face, although the super strong minty smell was more like diving headfirst into mouthwash. It burned to the point that I checked the ingredients and saw that after water, alcohol was the next most prevalent. Eep! Unlike the photo, I only got a light blue film over most of my face. I kept a wide margin around my eyes, but even with that distance it stung - I cant imagine if it dripped in! The smell got a little more tolerable as the minutes passed, but having it on my face never became a pleasant experience by ANY means. And in the end, I don't really think it did any good. Boooo-urns!
4. Currently seriously considering ordering this swimsuit top! Especially since it's on sale for $22! Finding an affordable underwire tankini is SO HARD - the boob struggle is real!
5. Also seriously wanting these Converse Shoreline low tops in charcoal. Why didn't I find these earlier in the summer? They'd be perfect with pretty much every pair of shorts I own!
6. You need to head over to Instagram and follow kittyfails. Trust me on this. They don't have all that many videos up yet, but oh man. Cat comedy gold.
7. I finally, finally gave in and got a massage. I'm super money conscious in general, and I've just never been able to wrap my mind around the concept of giving someone a bunch of my dollars to rub on my naked body for an hour. I mean hello, there are a bazillion people out there who would be delighted to do that for free! But anyway, I gave in when I hit the point where my shoulder was so messed up that a huge wave of pain shot through it any time I sneezed (which is approximately every 5 seconds with my crazy summer allergies!) My awesome masseuse found knots I didn't even know I had (apparently my right elbow is super funky from years of laptop-ing!) And she was able to dig into my psoas muscle, which I've tried like crazy to stretch but have never been quite able to "get". OMG, I have never felt a sensation like that - it seriously felt like acid burning into my muscle. Built-up lactic acid, maybe? Whatever it was, it was so intense that when she would press into the muscle and ask me to lift my leg, I couldn't. SO WEIRD.
8. Continuing the theme of "Gimmie all the things!", I really want this comforter set from Target! Especially because hello, it's reversible!
I took the whole thing apart (always scary!) and discovered that my dvd drive got hit the hardest - quite a bit of liquid in there- but most of the rest of its little laptop guts were still dry. Whew! I soaked up every drop that I could with paper towels and then left it in pieces in a closet (to protect it from cats) for about 2 days. IT LIVES! (uh, except the dvd dive.) My trackpad is doing an annoying thing occasionally where it zooms when I'm just trying to move the mouse, but compared to a totally fried laptop, that doesn't seem so bad. I'll look into ordering a new mouse doo-dad thingy (technical term) at some point, but ain't nobody got time for that right now! And if it continues to be annoying, I can just pick up a cheap USB mouse and rock that for a while.
10. I wish I had brilliant, poignant words to mark the one year anniversary of what happened in Ferguson last year, but all I can really say is that it seems like everything and yet nothing has changed. Still heartbreaking to watch.
How is your week going so far?